At the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO) we have a range of resources that are available to organisations to use.
These materials are intended for use when handling complaints. For resources that focus more on the learning and improvement that can come from complaints, please go to our Learning and Improving section.
- Dealing with problem behaviour (includes a link to SPSO's Unacceptable Actions policy)
- Decision-making tool for complaint investigators
- Investigation plan template
- Template decision letter
Support from peers: complaints handlers' networks
- The Complaints Improvement Framework can be used to assess your organisation's complaints handling performance.
- The Complaints Standards Authority (CSA) interviewed a number of organisations about their experiences of developing complaints handling processes using our model Complaints Handling Procedures (CHPs): view case studies