Registered Social Landlord
The model CHP for Registered Social Landlords (RSLs) was published on 18 April 2012 under section 16B of the SPSO Act 2002 (as amended by the Public Service Reform (Scotland) Act 2010). Under section 16C of the SPSO Act 2002, the Ombudsman has notified all RSLs in Scotland to inform them that the relevant model CHP applies to them with effect from the date of publication.
The housing sector model CHP has been developed following extensive consultation through surveys, focus groups and meetings of an advisory panel of housing associations and a high level group of key stakeholders. We have also developed the model CHP in consultation with key partners, including the Scottish Housing Regulator (SHR), the Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH), the Scottish Federation of Housing Associations (SFHA) and tenants groups.
The Registered Social Landlord (housing) sector model CHP and relevant associated documents are available here:
- Registered Social Landlord Implementation Guide
- Registered Social Landlord Model CHP
- Registered Social Landlord Model CHP [Word version]
- Registered Social Landlord Customer Facing CHP
- Registered Social Landlord Customer Facing CHP [Word version]
- Registered Social Landlord Employee’s Guide
- Registered Social Landlord Employees Guide CHP [Word version]
- Registered Social Landlord proforma [Word version]
- Registered Social Landlord performance indicators (self assessment)
Please direct any queries regarding the model CHP to the CSA team at CSA@spso.org.uk
Monitoring compliance and performance
RSLs are now under a duty to comply with the relevant model CHP within the timescales set out in the Implementation Guide. Compliance with the model CHP will be monitored by the Scottish Housing Regulator (SHR), in conjunction with the SPSO, through the SSHC and the Annual Return on the Charter (ARC). For 2012/13 compliance will be monitored through the Annual Performance and Statistical Return (APSR). Monitoring of compliance will feed into the SHR’s risk based approach to regulation. RSLs will also be encouraged to use complaints as a measure in their self assessment exercises in future.
Please direct any queries regarding the model CHP or monitoring and compliance arrangements to the CSA team at CSA@spso.org.uk.